Panarchy, adaptive management, novel ecosystems
- Drever CR, et al. (2006) Can forest management based on natural disturbances maintain ecological resilience? Can J For Res 36: 2285-2299.
- Garmestani et al. (2009) Panarchy: discontinuities reveal similarities in the dynamic system structure of ecological and social systems. Ecology & Society 14(1): 15
- Holling, B (2001). Understanding the complexity of economic, ecologic and social systems. Ecosystems 4: 390–405. (or Gunderson and Holling 2002)
- Olsson P, et al. (2004) Adaptive co-management for building resilience in social-ecological systems. Environmental Management 34(1): 75-90.
- Seastedt, T. R., R. J. Hobbs, et al. (2008). Management of novel ecosystems: are novel approaches required? Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 6(10): 547-553.
- Dorren, L.K.A. and Berger, F., 2006. Panarchy and sustainable risk prevention by managing protection forests in mountain areas. Pp 203-214 in W.J. Amman, S. Dannenmann and L. Vulliet (Eds.), RISK21 – Coping with Risks due to Natural Hazards in the 21st century. London: Taylor and Francis, London, UK.
- Garmestani, A. S., C. R. Allen, and L. Gunderson. 2009. Panarchy: discontinuities reveal similarities in the dynamic system structure of ecological and social systems. Ecology and Society 14(1): 15.
- Petrosillo I, et al. (2010) Multi-scale vulnerability of natural capital in a panarchy of social – ecological landscapes. Ecological Complexity 7(3): 359-367.
- Bolte, A., C. Ammer, et al. (2009). Adaptive forest management in central Europe: Climate change impacts, strategies, and integrative concepts. Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research 24: 473-482.
- Churma DJ, et al. (2011) Forest responses to climate change in the northwestern United States: Ecophysiological foundations for adaptive management. For Ecol Manage 261: 1121-1142.
- Heinimann, H. R. (2010). A concept in adaptive ecosystem management—An engineering perspective. Forest Ecology and Management 259(4): 848-856.
- Nyberg, J. B., B. G. Marcot, et al. (2006). Using Bayesian belief networks in adaptive management. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 36: 1-13.
- Olsson, P., C. Folke, et al. (2004). Adaptive comanagement for building resilience in social-ecological systems. Environmental Management 34(1): 75-90.
- Rammel, C., S. Stagl, et al. (2007). Managing complex adaptive systems — A co-evolutionary perspective on natural resource management. Ecological Economics 63(1): 9-21. 13